Sysdig is looking for a Technical Marketing/Training Engineer. In this highly technical role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining our training courses covering the Sysdig open source and commercial solutions. We’ll expect you to be knowledgeable in DevOps, CI/CD and security operations, particularly with Kubernetes, container technologies and the Cloud-Native ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will be excited to create scenarios to showcase the technology and feel very comfortable writing documentation and exercises that walk you through the different use cases. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
- Devise technical training programs according to organizational requirements.
- Determine course content according to objectives.
- Design and develop practical labs including writing small functional applications and deploying them in containerized environments.
- Prepare training material (documentation, presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs.
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements.
- 2-4+ years of experience in DevOps.
- Experience writing documentation and developing training.
- At least 1 year of experience with containers or microservices and associated tooling such as Kubernetes.
- Comfortable with coding in 1-2 languages (Python or Go) and leveraging APIs.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to work with a global team in multiple time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in information systems or computer science, or relevant experience.
- Having contributed to or lead any open-source project documentation
- Teaching-related training or certifications.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.