Sysdig is searching for a Technical Marketing/Training Engineer to create and maintain our training courses covering the Sysdig open source and commercial solutions.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
You are excited to create scenarios to showcase the technology and feel very comfortable writing documentation and exercises that walk you through the different use cases. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
- Devise technical training programs according to organizational requirements.
- Determine course content according to objectives.
- Design and develop practical labs including writing small functional applications and deploying them in containerized environments.
- Prepare training material (documentation, presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs.
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements.
- 2-4+ years of experience in DevOps.
- Experience writing documentation and developing training.
- At least 1 year of experience with containers or microservices and associated tooling such as Kubernetes.
- Comfortable with coding in 1-2 languages (Python or Go) and leveraging APIs.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to work with a global team in multiple time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in information systems or computer science, or relevant experience.
- Having contributed to or lead any open-source project documentation
- Teaching-related training or certifications.
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.