We’re searching for a VP / Chief Open Source Advocate, Open Source to help the world adopt containers, Kubernetes, and Docker in a secure, reliable way.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
What You'll Be Doing
Reporting directly to our Founder and CTO (also co-founder of the company behind Wireshark) you will help nurture and grow a robust and engaged community around Sysdig’s Open Source technology. You’ll be driving adoption of all of our Open Source projects/initiatives, driving their roadmap, leading their engineering, and being their principal advocate both internally and externally.
What Your Core Priorities Will Be
- Be Sysdig’s overall Open Source champion, managing and growing a talented team
- Prioritize Open Source initiatives internally, working closely with our CTO and Head of Engineering
- Shape the roadmap of Sysdig’s OS projects and develop all ecosystem repositories
- Work closely with Sysdig’s Open Source engineers to implement our Open Source roadmap
- Be a critical liaison between our development community and internal engineering teams
- Collaborate with our engineering teams to properly integrate our OS initiatives with the rest of our product portfolio
- Increase our open source engagement, shape and drive open source metrics
- Be the face of Sysdig within the community, at events and conferences
- Represent Sysdig, and in particular our Falco Open Source project, in the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)
- Drive adoption of our OS projects within the Enterprise Space
What You Should Bring
- Substantial development experience and a strong open source exposure
- Proven history of open source contribution, advocacy and public speaking
- Participation/leadership in open source decision-making bodies
- Experience hiring and managing a team of advocates and/or engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management / leadership skills
- Desire to work in a transparent open-source structure with many contributors
- A formal training in CS and the ability to take a deep dive on design decisions with core engineers
- Passion for enabling fundamental digital rights for all internet users.
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.