The WW Vice-President, Sales Engineering and Customer Success is the chief customer success leader and is accountable for delivering world-class pre and post-sale technical services to every Sysdig customer. The Vice President is chartered with ensuring all Sydig customers rapidly adopt, deploy and expand their use of Sysdig products.
We are looking for someone with strong Cloud/SaaS experience who is a tireless advocate for exceeding customer expectations. The ideal candidate has successfully run a ~100+ member operational organization at scale, can lead and motivate globally, and influence effortlessly across functional teams at Sysdig. You will be responsible for leading all pre-sales and post-sales functions, including Sales Engineers, Technical Account Management (TAM), and Professional Services. Reporting to the CRO, the VP Global Sales Engineering and Customer Success will be part of the Go-To-Market leadership team and a member of the Executive team.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures on a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open-source container security project, is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
- Lead a global organization responsible for driving measurable positive business outcomes, customer satisfaction and retention across our customer base
- Build and nurture C-level relationships across top accounts to solidify our partnership and commitment to the customer while penetrating the account deeper
- Coordinate with global sales managers and define strategy and operational model for coverage
- Provide executive sponsorship and support to strategic sales opportunities
- Work closely with sales to help sell the right offerings to our strategic customers
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and retention
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity
- Exceed quarterly goals; own key operational metrics like expansion, churn, and contraction; professional services revenue; and customer satisfaction
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service
- Manage budget, capacity planning and present investments required to improve service levels and customer experience
- Provide strategic direction on operational issues, staffing; policy and employee development and goal setting
- Partner to develop the right organization design. Recruit, develop, motivate and engage talent to accelerate the success of the Global Customer Success and Technical Services teams
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals
- Proven Services leader and motivator, with deep experience building and leading growing global customer success (and pre-sales) organizations
- 12+ years experience in the SaaS/Cloud industry, with 10+ years in a leadership position in Customer Success
- Success growing an organization of an early-stage SaaS/Cloud company that has seen growth to $50 Million or more in annual recurring revenue and built significant teams
- Experience in organizations with a complex, strategic sale, where best practices and technology define a customer’s success with an emphasis on working with large enterprise accounts
- Understanding of and passion for the Customer Success vision and function, and its impact on revenue and customer retention
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and business insight
- Strong Enterprise customer experience with the ability to communicate effectively with customers at the executive level
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and leverage resources from across the company as needed
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employees
- Analytical, problem solving, data driven, and results oriented
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvement
- Entrepreneurial approach – a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results oriented atmosphere
- Expert understanding of business operations and ability to manage a multi-million dollar operating budget
- Skilled at talent management including assessment, recruiting, deployment, development, reward and retention
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 40-50% (US and internationally)
- Knowledge and technical acumen in the Cloud Native / Kubernetes industry and Open Source Software
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one who solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.