Hello from all of us at Sysdig!
Come join us in the cloud, and let’s escape from this crazy-weather August. We have a little bit for everyone: Exciting releases, hacking conferences, shocking news, and a lot of tips for the newcomers. Let the cloud-native highlights begin!
Also, don’t miss all of Sysdig’s activity. We now block cryptojacking using Machine Learning, we achieved AWS Security Competency, and more!
Sign up for our monthly Cloud-native News.
- Based on Kubernetes 1.24, OpenShift 4.11 is now available.
- npm is adopting Sigstore to sign and verify its packages.
- Three ransomware attacks hit the same company over two weeks.
- Sysdig launches new AI to thwart container cryptojacking attacks.
- The CNCF published the results of Argo’s external security audit.
- Google announces Cloud Analytics, new partnership with MITRE.
- AWS Security Hub now receives GuardDuty Malware Protection findings.
- AKS support for the Secrets Store CSI driver is now GA.
- HashiCorp released its findings from the state of cloud strategy survey.
Kubernetes 1.25 will be out this week
It brings 40 enhancements, including: PodSecurity admission is now Stable replacing PSPs, checkpoints for forensic analysis, user namespaces, improvements to KMS v2 and more!
- Stay tuned for the official announcement in the Kubernetes blog.
- Check our take on the new features.
What’s new in Blackhat 25
Discover what the trends and highlights of the latest Blackhat 2022 are.
Ukraine’s cyber chief comes to Black Hat in surprise visit
Learn about the state of cyberwarfare in the country’s conflict with Russia.
Playing Doom on a John Deere tractor display
Dig into a new Jailbreak for John Deere tractors presented at Defcon.
Abusing Source Code Management Systems
Check out these common exploits and attacks of Source Code Management.
Who should write the Terraform?
Should you adopt DevOps? Discover why “it depends” may be a great answer.
How a cloud skills shortage is affecting multicloud adoption
Dig into this insight from the latest HashiCorp’s state of cloud survey.
Google Cloud revenue soars past $6 billion
Discover how Google Cloud is growing despite the macroeconomic uncertainty.
Deploy applications on a multi-cluster environment
Learn to deploy Giant Swarm’s App Platform in your environment.
Fix potential security issues in your infrastructure at the source
Security best practices for DNS in the Cloud
Adopting Sigstore incrementally
Read how you could transition to use Sigstore in a modular way.
Automate your automation tools
Insights on the recent cyber attack on Cisco
A crash course on Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and AWS
Check out these four introductions to get you started in cloud native.
Exploiting GitHub Actions in Source Code Systems
Learn how to mitigate risks when using GitHub Actions on your CI/CD pipeline.
What’s new with Sysdig?
Machine learning to support the detection of malware
Sydig just announced a machine learning solution that focuses on detecting cryptominers, providing effective detection with precision of up to 99%.
- Discover how to detect cryptojacking with Sysdig’s high-precision ML.
- Want to learn more? Dig deeper with Cryptominer detection: a ML approach.
Sysdig achieves AWS Security Competency
A status won for three categories. Discover what it means for our customers.
New ways to identify malicious software with Amazon GuardDuty
Read more about how Sysdig complements Amazon GuardDuty to hunt malware.
Monitoring PHP-FPM with Prometheus
Discover the top metrics to monitor, and set them up with PromCat integrations.
Recent releases and ecosystem updates
Read all about Sysdig’s interesting new features and ecosystem updates.