Hello from all of us at Sysdig!
2023 is here in full swing and we’re excited to deliver a doubly impactful newsletter to your inbox today, which covers both December and January!
Let the cloud-native news begin!
Ping us @sysdig or on our open source Sysdig Slack group to share your feedback and suggest topics for future issues! Previous editions are available in the archive.
- Kubernetes container image registry has changed.
- KEDA v2.9 has been released.
- The transparency report for KubeCon NA is ready.
- Amazon S3 now encrypts new objects by default.
- Google announced OSV-Scanner.
- FireHydrant published an incident benchmark report.
- Google’s threat horizons report is also out.
Kubernetes 1.26 is electrifying
Kubernetes 1.26 is out and brings 37 enhancements:
- Read all about it in the Kubernetes blog.
- Also, don’t miss our in depth highlights.
- The new validating admission policies are rad.
- And kubelet credential providers are now GA.
New U.S. Cyber Strategy
It will require some companies to protect against hacks.
Cloud Native Security Predictions for 2023
More CVEs, eBPF is king, Rust in the Linux Kernel, check it all.
Sigstore Helped Autodesk Meet FedRAMP
Read how sigstore helped cover the provenance requirements.
Azure Kubernetes Doubles Down on WebAssembly
WebAssembly is growing in popularity, discover why.
Managing the Cost of Kubernetes
Is Kubernetes expensive? Check these tips to reduce costs.
Kubernetes Security Projects to Watch in 2023
Want to strengthen k8s security? Take a look at these 10 projects.
[Video] Is Devops Dead?
Platform engineering is growing in popularity. But will it replace devops? Discover how they relate with this video.
Breaking RSA with a Quantum Computer
Is this the end of encryption? Not yet, check the details.
The YAML Document from Hell
Love it or hate it, it’s always fun to check YAML’s weird stuff.
2022: A Year in CVEs
What’s the trend? What was most affected? Discover it.
The Benefits of Deployment Observability
Read how this team simplified their deployment pipelines.
The OCI Image Layout
Dive into this description of the internals of container images.
Top 15 Kubectl plugins for security engineers
Get inspiration to reinforce your Kubernetes security.
What’s New with Sysdig
Our Journey Into Cutting Kubernetes Costs by 40%
We recently announced Cost Advisor.
Discover the areas of Kubernetes where you can act to save costs if you have the right visibility. We’ve seen an average of 40% savings.
Sysdig Secure and Google Security Command Center (SCC) Integration
You can now send Sysdig-enriched events to Google SCC as part of your incident troubleshooting and remediation workflow.
Sysdig Monitor introduces native support for Microsoft Azure Monitor
Find the signal in the noise. Sysdig Monitor ingests your data using the API to make it easy to get the insights you need to monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in your cloud-native environment.
Sysdig Secure-Google Chronicle Integration: Why, What, and How?
Discover how together, Sysdig Secure and Google Chronicle:
- Make SOC teams’ journey easy by unfolding evidence, providing answers and remediation faster and clearer to security threats.
- Enable customers to extract more value from the data we collect from their cloud workloads in their runtime environments.
- Foster cross-functional value with security, compliance, and DevOps teams.