Staff Developer Advocate
Sysdig drives the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open source standard for cloud-native threat detection, and are built on a foundation of open source software. We are passionate, technical, problem-solvers, who bring empathy and vision to the challenge of making the cloud reliable and secure.
Our Open Source Ecosystem team, responsible for growing awareness and adoption of Falco, is looking for a US-based developer advocate, to educate and promote Falco to practitioners across security, DevOps, and adjacent communities.
Sysdig is built on open source, and the Open Source Ecosystem team is integral to the strategy and operation of the company. We care deeply about fostering a thriving open source ecosystem, and authentically bringing its value into our business and products. This is a unique opportunity to work in open source at the cutting edge of the industry’s most important developments: cloud, containers, Kubernetes, and security. We recognize that everyone is on a different journey: we care more about your passion, empathy, and teamwork than the minutiae of every last experience.
What you will do
- Reporting to the Director of Developer Relations, you will be our primary advocate in the US
- You will create and deliver demos, talks, workshops, blogs and programs that educate and engage DevOps and cloud security practitioners.
- Represent the company and open source projects through keynotes, talks and workshops at industry conferences, with customers, and at other venues
- Collaborate with the developer relations team to build programs, messaging, and community that equips our open source users and customers
- Build productive cross-functional collaborations with engineering, marketing, and partnerships
What you will bring with you
- A significant track record of developer relations work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic awareness and a history of building relationships across teams and companies
- Great relationships and influence within the cloud and DevOps/security worlds
- Willingness to travel for events and meetups, and engage extensively over video
What we look for
- Ability to empathize and engage across our varied audience of DevOps, security practitioners, architects, and application developers
- A body of work of demos, presentations, blog posts, tutorials, published articles
- Deep technical proficiency complemented by storytelling and community building skills
- Preferred familiarity with run time security in Kubernetes and cloud
- A desire to coach and elevate others
- Collaborative and cross-functional working style
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $165,000 and $205,000 USD per year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.