Senior DevOps Engineer
Hi. Are you a capable, experienced DevOps practitioner, or a developer with a leaning towards operating infrastructure? Knowledgeable about monitoring, Docker, CI/CD and automation? If so, this is a killer job for you. Sysdig is looking for dynamic, creative, ambitious, and hardworking DevOps engineers to help us lead the container revolution. In our three years of existence, Sysdig has become the leading monitoring and visibility company in the red-hot container space, and one of the first companies to successfully monetize the container market. Sysdig has brought to market both the open source
troubleshooting tool, sysdig (100K’s of users), and our popular commercial SaaS offering, Sysdig Monitor, the first and only container-native monitoring solution. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities
for this position.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Take care of our SaaS infrastructure hosted on AWS
- Proactively and relentlessly seek opportunities to automate manual process.
- Empower the product delivery by providing the infrastructure, development tools, automation, logging and monitoring solutions that facilitate a DevOps culture.
- Be part of a support rotation that provides support to our production environments.
- Experience with AWS (EC2, ELB, CloudWatch, CloudFormation...)
- Experience with container technologies and in depth technical knowledge of Docker
- Solid grounds on TCP/IP networking
- Comfortable with writing automation scripts and tools with bash, python or go
- Expert knowledge with Linux operating system and system administration
- Good understanding of system and network security best practices
- 5 years work experience
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive "can do" attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition.
Why work at Sysdig
Bleeding Edge Technology. Valuable Product. Fun Place. Smart People. It’s a pretty hard cocktail to create, but we’ve got it here. Our focus on the emerging container ecosystem will expose you to the latest technology and the super smart people who are creating the next generation software development platform. Our seasoned leadership team knows how to build a successful business and a company with a great culture. You know what we’re missing, though? You.