Supercharging Kubernetes Labels and Metrics
Kubernetes environments are very dynamic. As a result, they can sometimes feel rather messy and disorganized. This is where labels come in. They can help you distinguish between non-infrastructure related characteristics. For example, “release” vs. “stable” or “production” vs. “dev”. However, labels also have a tendency to multiply to the point where the increased cardinality is difficult to store and query. This is especially true when using Prometheus to collect data about your environment and related services.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How to take full advantage of Kubernetes and Prometheus metadata
- How to simplify Prom QL queries to save loads of time when monitoring Kubernetes environments
- How to reduce the number of dashboards needed to truly monitor a given workload
- Aaron Newcomb, Product Marketing Director, Sysdig
- Harry Perks, Product Manager, Sysdig