Sysdig and IBM Embed Sysdig Secure for Container Security
Integration brings secure DevOps into IBM Cloud globallySAN FRANCISCO, KubeCon + CloudNativeCon — November 17, 2020 — Sysdig, Inc., the secure DevOps leader, today announced the global availability of Sysdig Secure embedded within IBM Cloud. IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig, which uses Sysdig Monitor, is already the default monitoring solution used by IBM and offered to IBM Cloud customers when onboarding. With this addition of Sysdig Secure, the Sysdig Secure DevOps Platform is tightly integrated with IBM Cloud to provide customers end-to-end monitoring and security capabilities.
Today, Sysdig also announced Zero Trust Network Security.
The expansion of Sysdig Secure in IBM Cloud builds on the container, Kubernetes, and cloud monitoring capabilities of IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig. Sysdig Secure adds image scanning, runtime security, compliance, incident response, and forensics. Now, when operating in IBM Cloud, DevOps, cloud, and security teams can secure the build pipeline, detect and respond to runtime threats, and validate compliance using Sysdig Secure.
The Sysdig Secure DevOps Platform, which includes Sysdig Secure and Sysdig Monitor, closes the security and visibility gap for containers and Kubernetes. With Sysdig, cloud teams can embed security, validate compliance, and scale monitoring to manage security risk and improve application availability. Granular data enriched with cloud and Kubernetes context gives teams the visibility they need to confidently run applications in production.
“Since announcing the IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig initiative in 2018, we have gone through extensive testing with IBM and proved our ability to deliver security, compliance, and monitoring at scale,” said Knox Anderson, vice president of product at Sysdig. “We deliver IBM Cloud Monitoring in six regions globally and adding Sysdig Secure to those regions will enable our joint customers to embed security, compliance, and performance into their DevOps workflow in just a few clicks.”
New Capabilities Added to IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig
- Image scanning: Automate scanning within CI/CD pipelines and registries and implement registry scanning inline. Block vulnerabilities pre-production and monitor for new CVEs at runtime. Map a critical vulnerability back to an application and development team.
- Runtime security: Protects containers, Kubernetes, hosts, and IBM infrastructure with out-of-the-box policies based on open source Falco. Automatically trigger response actions and notify the right teams immediately.
- Compliance: Ensure regulatory compliance standards are met, such as PCI-DSS, GDPR, NIST 800-190, with compliance checks and file integrity monitoring (FIM). Continuously validate cloud compliance for environments built on containers and Kubernetes across the entire application lifecycle.
- Incident response and forensics: Conduct forensics and incident response for containers and Kubernetes to understand security breaches, meet compliance requirements, and recover quickly. Sysdig provides a single source of truth for all activity in the container ecosystem before, during, and after an incident.
Containers are black boxes that hide their internal activity, making it difficult to gain the visibility required to manage security risk. They are normally deployed using microservices, numbering in the tens of thousands, which dynamically connect to form applications. Managing this complex environment requires visibility into container activity, context to understand how the microservices interact, and a detailed audit record for investigating incidents and alerts. The Sysdig platform provides granular visibility enriched with Kubernetes and cloud context, along with a detailed audit trail, that allows teams to confidently run applications in production.
The addition of Sysdig Secure in IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig is now available in Australia and will be available in Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States (US) East, and US West in the coming weeks. There is no new provisioning necessary for current IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig customers, they can simply upgrade to add Sysdig Secure in app.
- Previous IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig announcement
- IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig homepage
- IBM Cloud blog: Sysdig Secure is now integrated with IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig
- Sysdig blog: Container security on IBM Cloud
- Join us for an event
Amanda McKinney Smith
Sysdig is driving the standard for cloud and container security. The company pioneered cloud-native runtime threat detection and response by creating Falco and Sysdig Open Source as open source standards and key building blocks of the Sysdig platform. With the platform, teams can find and prioritize software vulnerabilities, detect and respond to threats, and manage cloud configurations, permissions, and compliance. From containers and Kubernetes to cloud services, teams get a single view of risk from source to run, with no blind spots, no guesswork, no wasted time. The largest and most innovative companies around the world rely on Sysdig.