Senior Customer Reliability Engineer
Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
At Sysdig we believe our values make us who we are and inspire and guide us every day. They drive our culture, our strategy, and our vision. Our three values are: Love our Customers, Trust the Team and Dig Deeper. We are creating the best in class customer experience in Cloud, Kubernetes, and Container security. You can see our Sysdig Vision here.
We’re seeking a client-facing Senior Customer Reliability Engineer in India (remote) with a problem-solving mindset to support and resolve the technical issues experienced by some of our highest-valued customers.
We are looking for a technically strong individual with a mix of technical support and engineering experience to work with our enterprise customers. You will be a key point of customer contact for resolving complex technical issues. You will also serve as a customer advocate, ensuring our customers are successful with their deployments, while continuously providing exemplary service.
- Work as an integral member of the technical support team providing incident management and customer problem resolution.
- Document issues, debug complex problems, and collaborate with Engineering (as required) to provide solutions.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting sessions with internal team members and customers.
- Assist in customer installation and integrations.
- Help with development of internal and customer-facing knowledge and documentation.
- Play a key role in the formulation of reliability processes and procedures.
- Triage and document bugs and enhancement requests as seen in the field, and through reproduction.
- Train and support other team members, business partners, channel partners (as required).
- Act as a product enhancement feedback loop with product management and engineering.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical support/escalation resource for enterprises in a similar or related field (container management, cloud management, systems management, PaaS).
- Hands-on Linux experience.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Bash/Shell/Python, etc).
- Knowledge of software application monitoring frameworks.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills.
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer issues simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities.
Things we like to see
- Working knowledge of cloud/container computing and technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and other tools/platforms like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and / or Kafka.
- Experience in using or integrating with Systems Management technologies.
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software.
- Experience in application integration.
- Previous startup experience.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary.
- Top-notch health insurance coverage.