Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Regional Manager of Corporate Sales – Raleigh
As Sysdig focuses on scaling its go-to-market strategy, we are looking for a highly ambitious, highly motivated Corporate Sales Leader to manage and build out our corporate sales team regionally. This is a rare opportunity to help build out Sysdig's initial investment and presence in the space.
The ideal candidate would be a self-driven Corporate Sales Leader with a strong past track record of building high-performance teams and meeting revenue targets. Also, it's important to have a real passion for evangelizing technology, and a knack for inspiring and building trust with team members, partners and customers.
As the Corporate Sales Manager for Raleigh you will play a hands-on role in building a company and team that continues to revolutionize the container monitoring and security space. You'll be responsible for the coaching and development of inside sales team members, tracking sales activity, providing sales forecasts, lead generation activities, and creating and analyzing metrics that drive results. You'll manage a team of quota carrying Corporate Sales Representatives (ISRs).
This role will require a perfect mix of (1) nimble thinking and a comfort with constant learning, (2) a passion for mentoring and leadership, and (3) a maniacal focus on sales execution. You will work directly with the executive team, and will help set and achieve strategic go-to-market goals. As a primary customer-facing contact, you will work closely with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to make your learnings their learnings. You'll also mentor and manage new hire Corporate Sales Account Executives (IAEs).
This position brings the opportunity for significant career advancement. It is expected that successful new hires will have opportunities to advance rapidly into sales management positions internally at Sysdig.
- Working in a team environment, you’ll manage, mentor and train a team of Inside Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives and ensure that the team is exceeding its sales quota at each stage of the sales lifecycle (lead generation, qualification, forecasting, and closing opportunities)
- Manage the team to ensure healthy weekly activity and converted opportunities/pipeline
- Create and execute strategic sales playbooks for sourcing prospects, developing opportunities and selling Sysdig's Container Intelligence Platform
- Consistently achieve individual & team monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Conduct 1x1s with team members to review weekly and monthly forecasts and overall business insights
- Educate customers (internal and external) on product functionality through conversations, demos, and presentations
- Uncover business needs, technical requirements, and the buyer’s purchasing process
- Proactively promote Sysdig and stay on top of Sysdig’s core functionality, product offerings, competitors and overall market knowledge
- Report sales activities accurately in Salesforce.com and run analysis and reporting to drive business insights
- Travel when applicable for trade shows and key accounts to develop new business
- Minimum 5+ years of inside sales or business development experience selling to technical buyers, including developers or IT operations, is preferred
- High technical competence desired, ideally in SaaS, cloud computing or enterprise IT
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player
- Proven track record of achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline & sales quotas
- Exceptional understanding of sales methodology and the ability to coach to it
- Excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Highly analytical, with an emphasis of being data-driven
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills; the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Startup experience and relevant industry experience both major pluses
- Experience in hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Desire to be coached, trained and mentored towards a successful software sales career
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with a serious work ethic
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.