Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we are at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open-source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Accountant in Italy who brings extensive experience working in a fast-paced international environment. Here, you will work for a well-funded start-up across functions to dig deep and support our teams working on impactful projects that are changing the way industries view and address their open standards for runtime threat detection and response. Hundreds of organizations rely on Sysdig to secure their containers, Kubernetes and cloud services.
As a Senior Payroll Accountant you will work with the Payroll Manager to be responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts for Sysdig’s global payroll. The incumbent will book journal entries for all payroll runs (on-cycle & off-cycle), reconcile payroll accounts as well as perform ad hoc reporting, reporting metrics, and completing analysis as requested. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and strict deadlines. This position will be critical in ensuring our employees are compensated accurately and on time as well as ensuring that our financial statements are accurate for all payroll accounts. You will also be asked to assist in other accounting tasks in any and all GL accounts.
- Prepare and submit monthly payrolls for all Non-US international jurisdictions
- Communicate with all 3rd party payroll providers and accountants
- Serve as backup for US payrolls run from ADP workforce now
- Prepare and book payroll related journal entries for International payrolls related accruals (bonus, payroll taxes, commissions, etc.)
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year end close in accordance with close schedule as provided by the Payroll Manager.
- Reconcile and analyse general ledger accounts consistent with GAAP and corporate accounting policies.
- Work closely with the Payroll Manager to understand pay classes, pay codes, and payroll processing activities.
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of the general ledger for all payroll related accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparation of reports for various audits.
- Maintain monthly GL reconciliations.
- Partner with teams to resolve non-reconciling items.
- Assist with, organise and support ad hoc projects.
- Previous startup experience is a plus.
- Fluent English is a requirement (written and spoken).
- Experienced in managing and supporting Payroll Software (ADP Celergo or Blue Marble would be beneficial).
- Ability to clearly articulate and explain issues/company policy to individuals at all levels
- Implementation and optimization of systems/processes.
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We are a well-funded start-up that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/ ) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, House Cleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Some of our hiring managers are based internationally, an up-to-date CV in English would be appreciated.
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.