Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our next generation distributed data store, with a focus on our enterprise-grade solution for Prometheus metrics.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures on a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open-source container security project, is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
As a Senior Software Engineer, your responsibilities will have a broad impact, from architecture to delivery. You will work closely with our product and engineering team which is spread throughout the US and Europe. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities including the potential to guide the company’s enterprise Prometheus solution and participating in the Prometheus community.
- Work on our distributed time-series data store and ingest pipeline built in Java, utilizing Kafka and Cassandra
- Work on internal GRPC APIs that access the data store
- Engage with the Prometheus community, author and contribute to upstream Prometheus and related projects when mutually beneficial
- Coordinate planning and implementation with US & European members of the data store team
- Create internal architecture and implementation documentation
- 7 or more years of experience in Java development
- Prior experience building distributed services, especially online or real-time data pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to articulate ideas, designs, and implementation details to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience using Prometheus/PromQL, Grafana is a plus
- Experience in Golang is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one who solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.