Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
If you are a backend engineer with experience building distributed services, especially online or real-time data pipelines, we would like to connect. Ideally, you have a passion for open source tools and technologies, and the ability to articulate ideas, designs, and implementation details to internal and external stakeholders.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our next generation distributed data store, with a focus on our enterprise-grade solution for Prometheus metrics.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your responsibilities will have a broad impact, from architecture to delivery. You will work closely with our product and engineering team which is spread throughout the US and Europe. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities including the potential to guide the company’s enterprise Prometheus solution and participating in the Prometheus community.
- Work on our distributed time-series data store and ingest pipeline built in Java, utilizing Kafka and Cassandra
- Work on internal GRPC APIs that access the data store
- Engage with the Prometheus community, author and contribute to upstream Prometheus and related projects when mutually beneficial
- Coordinate planning and implementation with US & European members of the data store team
- Create internal architecture and implementation documentation
- 7 or more years of experience in Java development
- Prior experience building distributed services, especially online or real-time data pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to articulate ideas, designs, and implementation details to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience using Prometheus/PromQL, Grafana is a plus
- Experience in Golang is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.