Sysdig Cloud now offers unprecedented visibility for enterprises running Docker in the cloud with AWS and ECS
San Francisco, CA — (October 6, 2015) — Sysdig, the container-native visibility company, announced the release of comprehensive support for Amazon’s EC2 Container Service (ECS) in Sysdig Cloud, the first and only monitoring solution built from the ground up to support microservices and containers. This release makes Sysdig Cloud the first monitoring and visibility product to offer deep integration with ECS and full support for companies looking for visibility into Docker and other container technologies running on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Sysdig will be debuting and demoing this new release at Amazon’s re:Invent conference this week in Las Vegas at booth #1339.
“We’ve been early adopters of Amazon’s ECS container service, and right from the start, we realized that traditional monitoring tools were not going to cut it for this new platform,” said Jacques Kotze, CTO of Adludio. “Our development team installed Sysdig Cloud in just two minutes, and we were immediately blown away by the level of visibility it can offer, right out of the box. We now use Sysdig Cloud every day to monitor AWS and ECS, and we continue to scale up our production container environment with full confidence that Sysdig Cloud has got our back.”
Container technologies like Docker and CoreOS offer significant benefits to IT organizations looking to optimize the creation, deployment, and scaling of modern web applications. But these new core technologies also add complexity and decrease visibility – putting up significant barriers for organizations trying to innovate with microservices. Amazon’s ECS and Sysdig Cloud are both part of a new ecosystem of technologies designed to support containers as first class citizens and help companies run new microservice-driven architectures in production.
Sysdig Cloud’s new support for Amazon’s ECS includes key features such as:
- Container-native monitoring with ContainerVision™: Sysdig’s patent-pending ContainerVision is the only technology on the market capable of offering deep, application-level visibility into ECS containers, while respecting the independence and isolation of each container.
- ECS metadata integration: Amazon’s ECS is built on a unique and powerful architecture that translates microservices into “tasks”. Sysdig Cloud now offers alerts and dashboards that integrate your tasks and other ECS tags and metadata directly with all the hundreds of metrics pulled from your environment.
- Zero configuration deployment: Just drop the Sysdig Cloud container into your ECS environment and… that’s it. Really. ContainerVision automatically detects every application running in every other container in your infrastructure and starts streaming back a stunning level a detail in real time.
“Like many leaders in the market, Amazon continues to invest heavily in a container-driven future for cloud computing. Here at Sysdig, we’re excited to support this vision and the thousands of companies making the move to containers and microservices,” said Loris Degioanni, CEO and Founder of Sysdig. “No other monitoring technology can come close to the level of visibility into AWS and ECS that Sysdig can offer with ContainerVision.”
You can sign up for a free trial of Sysdig Cloud at sysdig.com, and check out a demo at booth #1339 at AWS re:Invent from October 6-8th, 2015.
- Dynamic topology view of containers and tasks running on ECS:
- Overview of containers running on ECS:
- Overview of Cassandra running as a task in containers on ECS: