The Sysdig Container Intelligence Platform
Based on a unified platform and a set of core innovations, Sysdig will radically improve your approach to monitoring, securing, and troubleshooting your environment.
ContainerVision is our patented technology to secure and monitor application, container, host, and network activity from a single instrumentation point. Sysdig only requires a single agent per host, with no per-container or per-pod instrumentation.
Only Sysdig ServiceVision automatically enriches all of your metrics and events in real-time with metadata from your orchestrator and cloud platforms. This means you can instantly secure, monitor, and analyze your data from almost any perspective.
Everything Sysdig creates is available both as cloud and on-premise software offerings. Get the same features and functionality, wherever you want to run our products.
Frequently Asked QuestionsExpand All
It’s very secure. In fact, we have F500 banks, government organizations and security-focused technology companies who all count on sysdig. Here are just a few of the steps we’ve taken to secure our offerings:
- Our kernel instrumentation is open source, so you can see exactly what we’re doing to get the data. Sysdig’s open source tool is also pre-packaged with many OS distributions as well
- We use HTTPS transport for your data
- Our cloud backend is secured through multiple mechanisms
- If you don’t want to use our cloud, you can deploy a software version of our backend
- We have role-based and service-based access control mechanisms for your data, dashboards, and alerts
Yes! We’re pretty amazed too. :)
Our technology has been hardened by our open source community. It’s typically 2-3% CPU utilization. It’s got a cap of 5%, and that’s tunable by you.
If you’re using Kubernetes, OpenShift, ECS Mesos, or Docker EE, we’ll automatically integrate when you place our agent on the master. For other systems such as Puppet and Chef, you simply add Sysdig tagging information to your deployment scripts.
A host is any instance of a Linux operating system, where you install Sysdig. Hosts can be physical or virtualized. Containers are not hosts – Sysdig does not require any agent to be installed in your containers.