Senior Staff Software Engineer, Backend
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection and cloud security posture management products. We are also spearheading contributions to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run..
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- Design, build & deliver a best-in-class onboarding experience for cloud & containers.
- Build scalable platform services used by multiple engineering teams.
- Interface with various teams including Product, Frontend, Design, Customers and other stakeholders
What you will bring with you
- Expertise in at least one of AWS/GCP/Azure. Experience with multiple clouds & Identity management preferred.
- Experience designing & building backend components including APIs and data processing pipelines which scale horizontally.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Azure Resource Manager, etc.
- Experience designing & architecting complex distributed systems.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes.
- Ability to provide strong technical leadership, including defining best practices & mentoring other developers.
- AWS/GCP/Azure (Identity & resource management)
What we look for
- Inspirational leadership skills.
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego.
- Self-starter with experience in defining tasks, seeking feedback, and evolving work where applicable
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth