Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
At Sysdig we believe our values make us who we are and inspire and guide us every day. They drive our culture, our strategy, and our vision. Our three values are: Love our Customers, Trust the Team and Dig Deeper. We are creating the best in class customer experience in Cloud, Kubernetes, and Container security. You can see our Sysdig Vision here
We are looking for a Customer Success Director – East/Federal to join our team to ensure that our customers are maximizing their investments and ROI in their cloud-native architectures by utilizing Sysdig technology to secure and manage their containers and microservices at scale; all while solving their most complex operational and cloud security challenges. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team and company; at the forefront of cloud security & monitoring, assisting many of the world’s leading businesses in their digital transformation. This is a technical leadership role.
- Be the technical authority on the Sysdig Platform and become the customer’s trusted advisor
- Drive GRR/NRR metrics growth within your book of business with tight alignment with the Sales leadership in your geo.
- Perform the direct line management and leadership function for a team of Technical Account Engineers.
- Define and deliver measurement of key account metrics across the customer success lifecycle, inclusive of account health monitoring.
- Capture best practices and successes for future improvement and where ‘Get Well’ plans are required.
- Provide visibility and reporting on Customer Success performance through the delivery of KPI reporting, ensuring that data is being captured and then served back in a consumable way.
- Operational account planning, including portfolio allocation, account segmentation, and capacity planning.
- Provide resource forecasting to inform broader business resourcing strategy.
- Efficient onboarding and enablement of new team members.
- All HR responsibilities relating to direct reports including leave management, performance management, and ongoing professional development.
- Identify development areas and coordinates with training resources to continually develop and enable the team.
- Make recommendations for operational improvement within the team.
- Provide leadership and development planning for Customer Success team members.
- Develops internal processes across the customer lifecycle, such as ownership transition and changes to contractual obligations or tiers.
- Maintains strong relationships with key functional areas that enable Customer Success.
- Experience in managing either a Sales engineering team, Technical Account Team or very Technical Customer Success Managers
- A proven team leader with the ability to provide teams with the guidance and direction required in a rapidly growing company
- 7+ years of experience leading customer success managers or technical account engineers in a SaaS or subscription enterprise software company
- Professional services experience is a plus.
- Proven experience leading teams, driving new and expansion sales, driving software adoption, and leveraging customer success best practices
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery
- Hands-on approach to problem solving, escalation management
- Possesses a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development, and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivated, proactive, and innovative team player who strives to inspire customer loyalty
- Demonstrated track record of owning customer relationships, including implementation, renewal, and identification of expansion opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal/customer relations skills with particular regard to strategic relationships both within Sysdig and our customer base
- Clear and concise verbal and written communicator
- Proficiency in leading both executive meetings and technical workshops
- Self-starter who thrives under ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented startup environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to deliver results across multiple initiatives which include increasing revenue growth, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Strong project management skills
- BS or BA degree Preferred.
- 7+ years in operational leadership role (corporate, sales, customer success)
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep experience in customer experience with understanding of measures that span the customer lifecycle (SaaS-specific experience a plus).
- Ability to effectively summarise and present complex principles to an executive audience.
- Ability to effectively prioritise complex business structures; flexibility of working in an environment of sporadic operational needs with varying urgencies and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong aptitude for anticipating operational needs and working with resources to provide results
- Demonstrated leadership, strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient understanding of Sysdig Products & Services as well cloud-native architectures and technologies
- Already possess or have the ability to gain enough technical knowledge around the Sysdig, K8s, and cloud-native architectures to be able to effectively communicate with customers
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Encouragement to specialize with technical accreditations
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.