Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup with a 300+ enterprise customer base. The Monitoring Platform today consists of the systems and services that ingest Real Time data from one or several clusters, process it, store it in highly scalable data stores and serve it for Real Time Monitoring and Troubleshooting.
We are searching for a Director of Engineering to lead the architecture, design and delivery of the services, data storage and data pipelines that make up the Monitoring Platform. Reporting to our Senior Director of Engineering, Monitor Product, this person will be instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform and will be chartered with leading and scaling a seasoned team of developers based in Belgrade Serbia. We expect that you will collaborate closely with our product managers, engineering leaders, architects and designers to influence product direction and design; and deliver complex high performing, high quality, scalable software products. We’re seeking a motivational leader who can recruit, mentor, and retain top-tier talent.
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers. Balance rigor and process against velocity.
- Lead strategic planning and design sessions with Product Management, and Business stakeholders to create a shared vision and technical roadmap
- Hire and lead engineers that work as part of a globally distributed engineering organization (San Francisco, Europe, Raleigh)
- Draw on customer feedback and operational data to quickly iterate and evolve our products and services
- Communicate at all levels, including strategic, planning, technical, both oral and in writing by producing adequate artefacts that outline the technical direction, delivery plan and status, technical architecture
- Facilitates engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and structure for regular assessment and improvement
- Collaborates cross-functions to coordinate, plan, and communicate progress with leads from other engineering teams, program management, release management, dev-ops, product management and customer facing teams
- Seasoned Engineering Leader — you have ideally led in startups and large companies and have learned how to balance the strengths of each
- Experience recruiting and developing talent, and managing in a global, geographically distributed organization
- Successful background leading the development and delivery of complex, enterprise class software
- Domain expertise in big data, ML, system level software or cloud services is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery and Integration best practices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services (AWS) preferred
- Experience with Service and Micro-Service Oriented Architecture, RESTful APIs, Real Time Data Ingestion and Processing Pipeline, Structured and Unstructured Data Storage
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical roadmap to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to drive engineering work in a hands-on fashion when needed
- Deep understanding and experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, architecture and design, risk assessment
Domain exposure in one or several of the following areas a plus:
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack)
- Big Data. Key to distributed applications
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting
- Java, AWS, Linux, Mac OSX
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.