DIRECTOR OF DATA ENGINEERING, SYSDIG MONITOR
The Sysdig Monitoring Platform today consists of the systems and services that ingest real-time data from one or several clusters, process it, store it in highly scalable data stores and serve it for real-time monitoring and troubleshooting. We are searching for a Director of Engineering to lead the architecture, design and delivery of the backend services, data storage and data pipelines that make up the Monitoring Platform.
Reporting to our Senior Director of Engineering, Monitoring, this person will be instrumental in the development and data architecture of our enterprise cloud platform and will be chartered with leading and scaling a seasoned team of developers based in San Francisco and Belgrade, Serbia. We expect that you will collaborate closely with our product managers, engineering leaders, architects and designers to influence product direction and design; and deliver complex high performing, high quality, scalable data-intensive software products. We’re seeking a motivational leader who can recruit, mentor, and retain top-tier talent.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Drive the execution and delivery of data services by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers. Balance rigor and process against velocity.
- Build data infrastructure and distributed systems that can scale and maintain long term viability as our customer base grows
- Enable massively high volume, real-time data streams for our Monitoring Product
- Hire and lead engineers that work as part of a globally distributed engineering organization (San Francisco, Europe, Raleigh)
- Draw on customer feedback and operational data to quickly iterate and evolve our data products and services
- Communicate at all levels, including strategic, planning, and technical – both oral and in writing – by producing adequate artifacts that outline the technical direction, delivery plan and status, technical architecture
- Facilitate engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and structure for regular assessment and improvement
- Be a magnet for technical talent and accelerate the hiring of strong engineers.
- Maintain and foster our culture by interviewing and hiring the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
- Act as an agent of change providing different perspectives and outside of the box thinking
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- You have ideally led data infrastructure teams at high growth companies
- Hands-on experience building large scale distributed systems
- Technical background with industry and open source streaming data services and data storage platforms (Kafka, Elastic, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience recruiting and developing talent, and managing in a global, geographically distributed organization
- Successful background leading the development and delivery of complex, enterprise class software
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery and Integration best practices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services (AWS) preferred
- Experience with Service and Micro-Service Oriented Architecture, RESTful APIs, Real Time Data Ingestion and Processing Pipeline, Structured and Unstructured Data Storage
- Deep understanding and experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
WHY JOIN SYSDIG
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one who solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
WEHN YOU JOIN SYSDIG, YOU CAN EXPECT
- Competitive salary
- Topnotch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.