Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As a senior member of Sysdig’s product management team, you are going to play a central and essential role in the success of our company. You’re creative, ambitious, hard-working, and wicked smart. You live for hard problems and elegant solutions, complex technology and simple, compelling value propositions. You negotiate hard, and you make those around you more effective and more successful. You think like an entrepreneur. Most importantly, you’re a good person and a pleasure to work with.
- Own the delivery of a significant product roadmap area incorporating projects, features, and other key initiatives
- Interact constantly with users – obsess about their needs and their pain points
- Generate clear user flows and specifications
- Work closely with our design and engineering teams leadership across the entire product lifecycle
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative tracking to enable decision making and trade-offs
- Anticipate blockers, conflicts, and obstacles, and escalate appropriately to solve
- Enable our sales and marketing teams and all our go-to-market efforts
- Be an expert on our competition
- Represent Sysdig with ecosystem partners
Specific Role Responsibilities (Director of PM – Platform and Shared Services)
- Lead the planning and execution of the Sysdig platform capabilities and shared services (Inventory, Auth, Reporting, etc.)
- Develop and coach your product management team
- Identify critical user journeys and capabilities and drive cross functional projects to address them across our product, engineering and field organizations
- Enhance and simplify the usage of Sysdig Secure in your areas
- Own the following topics:
- Authentication and authorization
- SDK, API and CLI of the Sysdig platform
- Reporting and auditing
- Onboarding and adjacent advanced user flows
- Undergraduate degree in CS/Engineering highly preferred
- 5+ years proven leader of an enterprise software product management team
- 5+ years proven senior product management role
- Domain knowledge in Cloud native technologies: Kubernetes, CI/CD, Cloud Infrastructure security
- Experienced with Agile planning, development methodologies, and tools
- Excellent spoken and written communication, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks. Demonstrated Ability to work with deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of managing successful products
- Proven ability to work across, collaborate with and negotiate with diverse distributed or remote first teams
- You have an MBA or an advanced CS degree
- You have hands-on experience working as a security professional
- You have hands-on experience working with Kubernetes, Linux and Cloud operations teams
- You have knowledge of Falco runtime policy engine
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.