Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a Director of Product to shape the way applications are built, monitored and secured in a world run on containers. As the Director of Product, you will own and drive the life cycle of significant part of the product portfolio from high level concept design to delivery.
As a senior member in Sysdig’s product management team, you are going to play a central and essential role in the success of our company. You’re creative, ambitious, hard working, and wicked smart. You live for hard problems and elegant solutions, complex technology and simple, compelling value propositions. You negotiate hard, and you make those around you more effective and more successful. You think like an entrepreneur. Most importantly, you’re a good person and a pleasure to work with
Sysdig Secure, the most powerful run-time security and forensics solution for containers and microservices, is built on top of the Sysdig Container Intelligence Platform and leverages all the goodness of a platform that is battle-tested by hundreds of customers already. We’re looking for a hands-on Director to lead Product Management for Sysdig Secure.
Enterprises are rapidly adopting containerization. This wave is creating a new multi-billion dollar market, complete with new buyers and new challenges to solve. Are you the person to lead this challenge?
Your charter will be to grow Sysdig Platform and the market, and in doing so, help shape Sysdig the company. As such you will play a mission-critical, strategic role in defining and enhancing Sysdig’s Secure product offering and ensuring its ongoing success in the marketplace. The ideal candidate is a player-coach who lives for hard problems, elegant solutions, complex technology and simple, compelling value propositions.
- Be the hands-on product leader for Sysdig Secure. Coordinate and drive roadmap prioritization and trade-offs; working closely with customers, threat researchers, and engineers to deliver the right capabilities at the right time to defeat the adversary.
- Set a long-term vision for Sysdig’s security product offering. Think strategically about industry trends, competition, substitutes, and company positioning.
- Be the voice of the customer throughout the organization. Ensure that the customer input is being considered in all product-related decisions. Help to establish a culture where everyone (not just Product Managers) is customer-centric.
- Work effectively across all functions in the company to ensure successful product launches
- A seasoned product management professional with a strong track record in the security space who wants to be hands-on
- Domain experience in host security with a background in malware analysis, incident response, forensics, intrusion prevention, antivirus, or related technologies
- 8+ years of prior product experience in technology organizations
- Terrific product instincts, with uncanny ability to understand customer needs and think strategically. Can simplify and make smart trade-offs to deliver the right product at the right time.
- Proven ability to identify, design, and implement products to solve security challenges in areas such as malware, intrusion prevention, and malicious/anomalous behavior detection.
- Container SW Security knowledge and experience a plus. You've worked on or with technologies that make up the new “cloud native” stack. This would include Kubernetes, Docker, Mesosphere.
- Strong communication skills, not just internally, but also externally to prospects, customers
- Excellent ability to build credibility and trust across the entire organization
- A natural leader with high energy and drive for results.
- You have an MBA or an advanced CS degree
- You have hands-on experience working as a developer or with infrastructure software
- You have experience in any of the following: high growth startup, open source software, performance management or security software, container ecosystem
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.