We’re searching for a Partner Sales Engineer to be part of our founding Channel Sales team. You will be deeply involved in the technical enablement efforts with our Channel Partnerships as we continue our rapid growth throughout the Secure DevOps space.
Sysdig provides a platform for secure devops. We’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, and cloud-native architectures at massive scale. We’ve raised hundreds of millions in funding and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers.
You will be working with our channel partners to drive Sysdig adoption in all phases of the sales cycle. This is a unique opportunity to engage 1:1 with some of the most progressive technologists in the industry. We’re looking for someone that loves technology, treats customers like partners (not targets), and can hang with a fast-paced, fun-loving sales team.
What you can expect to do:
- Work with our Partner technical and sales teams to drive adoption of the Sysdig Platform.
- Work with the Sysdig Training team to develop and deploy Sysdig product training for partners.
- Conduct virtual and live product demonstrations
- Assist partners with building out lab environments and test scenarios.
- Interface with Sysdig support, customer success, and professional services teams to ensure happy Sysdig partners are power users of the product
- Help shape the culture and future of the Sysdig sales engineering organization
- Create and Submit talks in the greater partner ecosystem to showcase/evangelize Sysdig capabilities and developments
- Encourage and support partners to do Sysdig related talks in their own community
- Partner with other thought leaders in the ecosystem to drive visibility around Sysdig and the OSS offerings.
- SME for Sysdig offerings. Mastery level knowledge of our own specific cloud architecture, security, and technical details of SaaS.
- Dedicated and regular time with key partners for lunch & learn or office hours engagements to help continue their enablement and support their sales motions.
- Support partner marketing engagements and initiatives
- 10+ years technical sales experience with infrastructure, enterprise software
- Channel Sales experience preferred – e.g. nationwide DMR’s, Amazon Partner Network, Google Cloud Partners, Azure Advanced Specialization Partners.
- Experience in the container ecosystem and microservices
- DevOps methodologies
- “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack)
- Be an optimistic, energetic person who loves engaging with people – whether they are customers, prospects, or members of the community.
- History of success working directly with end users
- World-class reliability – our customers will expect rapid responses to product questions
- Experience balancing multiple customers & partners while getting results quickly
- Client and partner management, and organization/business awareness
- Prior startup experience highly preferred
- Command line proficiency Linux, Mac OSX
- Strong written and oral communication skills – proven client facing skills
- Programming proficiency (optional, but highly encouraged)
- BS in EE/CS from a top university (optional, but highly encouraged)
Our SE's generally have specialized in one or several of the following areas:
- Big Data. Key to distributed applications
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting
- Java, AWS, Linux, Mac OSX
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems
- Security SW
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have a fun team with company events, team outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career growth
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)
- Competitive 401(k) match
- Company provided Wellness Days
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.