Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As Sysdig focuses on scaling its go-to-market strategy, we are looking for a highly ambitious, highly motivated Corporate Sales Leader to manage and build out our corporate sales team regionally. This is a rare opportunity to help build out Sysdig's initial investment and presence in the space.
The ideal candidate would be a self-driven Corporate Sales Leader with a strong past track record of building high-performance teams and meeting revenue targets. Also, it's important to have a real passion for evangelizing technology, and a knack for inspiring and building trust with team members, partners and customers.
As the Director of Corporate Sales you will play a hands-on role in building a company and team that continues to revolutionize the container monitoring and security space. You'll be responsible for the coaching and development of inside sales team members, tracking sales activity, providing sales forecasts, lead generation activities, and creating and analyzing metrics that drive results. You'll manage a team of quota carrying Corporate Sales Representatives (ISRs).
This role will require a perfect mix of (1) nimble thinking and a comfort with constant learning, (2) a passion for mentoring and leadership, and (3) a maniacal focus on sales execution. You will work directly with the executive team, and will help set and achieve strategic go-to-market goals. As a primary customer-facing contact, you will work closely with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to make your learnings their learnings. You'll also mentor and manage new hire Corporate Sales Account Executives (IAEs).
This position brings the opportunity for significant career advancement. It is expected that successful new hires will have opportunities to advance rapidly into sales management positions internally at Sysdig.
- Working in a team environment, you’ll manage, mentor and train a team of Inside Account Executives to ensure that the team is exceeding sales quota at each stage of the sales lifecycle (lead generation, qualification, forecasting, and closing opportunities)
- Manage the team to ensure healthy weekly activity and converted opportunities/pipeline
- Create and execute strategic sales playbooks for sourcing prospects, developing opportunities and selling Sysdig's Container Intelligence Platform
- Consistently achieve individual & team monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Conduct 1x1s with team members to review weekly and monthly forecasts and overall business insights
- Educate customers (internal and external) on product functionality through conversations, demos, and presentations
- Uncover business needs, technical requirements, and the buyer’s purchasing process
- Proactively promote Sysdig and stay on top of Sysdig’s core functionality, product offerings, competitors and overall market knowledge
- Report sales activities accurately in Salesforce.com and run analysis and reporting to drive business insights
- Travel when applicable for trade shows and key accounts to develop new business
- Minimum 5+ years of inside sales or business development experience selling to technical buyers, including developers or IT operations, is preferred
- High technical competence desired, ideally in SaaS, cloud computing or enterprise IT
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player
- Proven track record of achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline & sales quotas
- Exceptional understanding of sales methodology and the ability to coach to it
- Excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Highly analytical, with an emphasis of being data-driven
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills; the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Startup experience and relevant industry experience both major pluses
- Experience in hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Desire to be coached, trained and mentored towards a successful software sales career
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with a serious work ethic
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.