We’re searching for a Senior Manager, Major Events in our headquarters in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood to organize and run Sysdig’s biggest events.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
Now, back to you: We’re looking for a technically-savvy, code-capable, communicator to join our team to lead our community efforts around Prometheus. Your goal is simple: Help dev and ops teams everywhere realize the value of Prometheus through the creation of useful content, conference talks, blogs, videos, software examples and demos, and even training material.
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll lead and produce Sysdig’s major trade shows and other events from conception through completion, organizing memorable events that meet the intended lead generation and brand goals both creatively and consistently:
What Your Core Priorities Will Be
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event negotiation, planning, design, and production.
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with others, identify needs, ensure expectations are met/exceeded, and provide regular updates to stakeholders.
- Research skills to identify event opportunities, understand the market, gather information and generate interest.
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as pre- and post-show digital support, booth design, demos and equipment, booth duty schedule, customer meetings, shipping, set up, special guests, on-site raffle and promotional materials, etc.
- People skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities.
- Enthusiasm regarding collaborative work to promote and publicize events through social, PR and other marketing avenues.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Follow-through and willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
What You Should Bring:
- BS in Marketing, Event Management or related field.
- Significant work experience as an events planner or organizer.
- Impressive references and portfolio of previously managed events
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Marketing skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to scale across several events at one time and oversee multiple projects independently
Why Join Sysdig?
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Along with top-notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.