Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to work on our Container Intelligence Platform. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery, driving customer success through high-quality R&D level support and related engagements, resulting in hundreds of happy enterprise customers and disrupting the monitoring and security space in the Containers World.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will impact testing and critiquing software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test automation frameworks and programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools using Java and Python to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Develop automated tests not only for your products but also in support of other QA engineers
- Participate actively in a CI&CD based development/testing environment, including reviews and planning activities
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based upon functional and design specifications focusing on specific user stories including test cases for regression of current products
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end quality in container technology and customer experience
- Thoroughly test the Monitoring & Security solution
- Architect and implement test frameworks for cutting-edge and state of the art applications
- Working with support and product management to understand customer cases and to set priority
- Proficient in coding with Java and/or Python (5+ years)
- Highly skilled in test frameworks but not limited to Junit, TestNG, PyUnit, etc
- Hands-on with RESTful APIs and web-based User Interface Automation
- Well versed with SDLC
- Think out of the box to uncover issues during the development phase. The goal will be to catch the issues before they catch us
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Strong understanding of cloud-based application deployments and troubleshooting
- Passion for building and delivering robust products
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
- Good communication skills
Things we like to see:
- Good understanding of enterprise-class applications (SaaS and On-Prem)
- Experience in creating microservices-based environments and reproduce customer problems
- Unix, Linux tools with some Unix scripting experience
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.