Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to work on our Container Intelligence Platform.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will impact testing and critiquing software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write automated tests, help design new frameworks and programs to assure high product quality.
Our main users are security or devops people, so in order to automate and test the product you will have to carry their hat a fair amount of time. If you are interested in CLIs and like to SSH machines around, this is the kind of position you will enjoy.
- Develop automated tests not only for our products but also in support of other engineers
- Participate actively in a CI&CD based development/testing environment, including reviews and planning activities
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based upon functional and design specifications, focusing on specific user stories and including test cases for regression of current products
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end quality in container and security technology and customer experience
- Architect and implement testing frameworks for our applications
- Working with support and product management to understand customer cases and to set priority for your tasks
During the first months you can expect the following
- In one month:
- You will have gone through the Onboarding process and will meet all the automation team
- You will start doing your first code related tasks and contributions to our code repo in Github.
- In three months:
- You will have started working inside one of our dev cross-functional teams, helping with the automation of the features and issues.
- You already will be familiar with most of the frameworks we use and will be able to modify them adding new tests and minor improvements.
- You will participate in the automation meetings starting to see the challenges that we have and will be involved in the decision making about how to solve them.
- In six months:
- We will expect you to be already well integrated in your team, and cross-collaborating with the rest of the automation engineers to improve the coverage of our products and frameworks.
- You will be working in several projects and features, helping developers to achieve a good level of quality in the product through automation.
- You will be leading major improvements and modifications in our frameworks to improve the team productivity and execution.
Our wish list for you
- Proficient in coding with Java and/or Python (3+ years)
- Skilled in test frameworks but not limited to Junit, TestNG, PyUnit, Cucumber etc
- Hands-on with RESTful APIs and web-based User Interface Automation like Selenium
- Unix, Linux tools with some Unix scripting experience
- Some kubernetes and/or containers experience will be nice to have
- Well versed with software development life cycle
- Think out of the box to uncover issues during the development phase. The goal will be to catch the issues before they catch us
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Some experience with AWS Console or any other cloud provider.
- Good understanding of enterprise-class applications (SaaS and/or On-Prem)
- Experience in reproducing customer problems
- Good communication skills in distributed and remote environments
Please if you only match part of the above list but you are interested in learning the rest, apply anyway. We will be more than happy to know you and see if we can fit together.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.