Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who is passionate about building simple, scalable services to deal with complex data. You will work alongside an established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we're embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You'll lead projects as part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude. Examples of such projects include writing Kafka-based streaming services.
- Distribute query engine targeting of our Cassandra and ElasticSearch data store.
- Optimize ingest pipeline.
- Put machine learning features into production.
- Handle both monitoring and security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
What You Should Bring
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Production experience with at least one of Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures and algorithms
- Java experience highly preferred
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data.
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.