We’re hiring a software engineer to work on the Prometheus monitoring system at Sysdig.
Sysdig is the leading monitoring, visibility, and security company for modern enterprises using container and orchestration platforms, like Docker and Kubernetes. We created the open source Sysdig system instrumentation tool, on top of which we have built our container monitoring and security products. They are scale-out enterprise products, and they already have multiple integration points with cloud-native open source systems such as Kubernetes and Prometheus.
And we want to do more. We are ardent fans of Prometheus and have an ambitious roadmap to further support it and further deepen the way we integrate. This is where you come in!
What you’ll be doing
- Working on Prometheus to adapt it and extend it in new directions, driven by our Prometheus roadmap
- Authoring and contributing changes upstream to Prometheus and related projects
- Engaging with both Sysdig user base and the Prometheus community – primarily via software development but also via writing and speaking
- You have prior open source contributions, preferably to Prometheus or related projects in the “cloud native” monitoring and observability space.
- You believe that clear written communication is an essential part of open source collaboration, and have a record of high-quality interactions on PRs/issues/designs
- You have strong Golang experience.
- Ideally, you have prior Java experience (even if you’re much happier in other languages!)
- You’ve worked on and with multiple data-intensive systems (such as time series databases or search databases)
- You’ve operated a production service, and have associated experience using monitoring and observability tools.
- You are able to work effectively in a distributed/remote setup
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable engineering culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team and company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re in to that).
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.