Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will impact in writing test automation frameworks and programs to assure high product quality and develop advanced test tools using Java and/or Python. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery with a high bar for quality and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements. You will ensure the quality of Sysdig’s Container Intelligence Platform. This will drive our multiple product offerings and hundreds of happy enterprise customers as we disrupt the monitoring and security space.
- Develop automated tests for our products and to support QA/Dev team
- Participate actively in a CI/CD based development/testing.
- Actively participate in reviews and planning activities
- Automate test cases identified in test plan and test cases of our Monitoring and Security Solution
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems
- Work with support and product management teams to understand customer cases and automate them in QA lab.
- Proficient in coding with Python and/or Java (3-5+ years)
- Highly skilled in test frameworks but not limited to Junit, TestNG, PyUnit etc
- Hands-on experience with automation ( any/all levels: UI, Rest APIs, System Level)
- Well versed with SDLC
- Think out of the box to uncover issues during the development phase. The goal will be to catch the issues before they catch us.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Strong understanding of cloud-based application deployments and troubleshooting
- Passion for building and delivering robust products
- Results oriented with strong customer focus
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of enterprise-class applications (SAAS and On-Prem)
- Experience in creating microservices based environments and reproduce customer problems
- Unix, Linux tools with Unix scripting and System admin experience
- Docker, K8s
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Free monthly house cleaning service
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.