Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As a Software Engineer – Secure (Detection), you will work on end to end on our security side of the product, from architecting to delivery, creating new features and functionalities. You will work closely with our established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe, product team and customers. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we are adding new features to our secure product line and enhancing existing capabilities.
- You'll lead projects as part of this effort that will allow us to build services to help customers manage their infrastructure in a secure manner.
- Work as a main point of contact and interface with various teams including Product, Frontend, Design, Customers and other stakeholders
- Build distributed services which can consume and process billions of customer’s system events and network activity.
- Put machine learning features into production
- Handle security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
- Prior experience building distributed services
- Systems software experience including good understanding of system calls
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in Go or Java is highly preferred
- Systems/c++ experience preferable
- Prior experience with AWS and building security products is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.